Sloppy Jacks are our version of the traditional Sloppy Joes that are a favorite of our youngest, Jack.
The method is very loose, so I'll describe it here rather than try to call it a recipe!
- Start by browning your ground meat (beef, pork or a combination).
- Add a can (or 2) of drained pinto beans.
- Season with generous amounts of onion powder (that way there are no yucky onion chunks for anyone to complain about) and garlic powder.
- For the sauce squirt in about a cup (I never measure, so I'm guessing) of ketchup, then about half as much mustard.
- Keep playing with the amounts of each until you have a flavor and consistency that you like.
- If I'm feeling very ambitious I'll throw in a little vinegar and balance that with brown sugar, maybe salt & pepper if I think of it.
- Taste as you go and see what you like! Serve on buns, or if you're like Jack, scoop it up with potato chips!